- Burn with extreme care or haul debris to a transfer / landfill site.
- The burning barrel should be in good condition.
- The ground must be clean and maintained for 3 meters.
- Combustion can be prevented by using steel rods or pipes to hold burning material up and provide a better burn. Ensure the draft holes are not larger than 5 millimetres in diameter.
- When burning screens, the mesh cannot be larger than 7 millimetres .
- Be sure to have weights to hold your screens on the barrel.
- Be sure to keep fire fighting tools on hand and never leave your fire unattended.